What is a Hackathon?
Sounds scary, right? Don’t worry, it’s not that type of hacking.
A hackathon is an event where a group of technically-skilled people come together to accomplish a common IT goal. At the Rochester Hackathon we will create websites for local non-profit organizations over the course of one day.
Do you have a Western New York non-profit that needs a website?
Click “Non-Profits” below for more information on our requirements for participation and to apply.
Are you technically savvy? Do you have WordPress experience? We need you!
Click “Volunteers” below to sign up to be on a web team at the hackathon!
At St. John Fisher College
April 21, 2018
8:30am – 6:00pm
- 8:30 – Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 – Opening Remarks & Instructions
- 9:15 – Work in Teams with Organization Leaders
- Noon – Lunch
- 1:00 – 5:00 Work in Teams (organization leaders will be in workshops on WordPress & Non-profit Marketing until 3:30)
- 5:00 – Present Final Sites
- 5:45 – Awards
We Need Sponsors
We need to feed our hungry crew. Whether you are an individual who would like to contribute out-of-pocket, or a business looking to help out and get some recognition, we need you!
Contribute below, or Email Michelle for more information.
So far we have raised $175.
$1825 to go!