WordPress. Plugins. Favorites.
Did you know that you can make your WordPress experience even better by favoriting plugins? If you use many free plugins, then favoriting them in the repository can save you time. A lot of time.
There are a few ways you can add plugins to your site:
- Download them from the repository, then upload them to your site.
- Search for them from the plugins dashboard on your site.
- Favorite them and they will always be there.
Which sounds faster to you?
How It’s Done
Thanks to the magic of screen-and-voice-capturing software (do we still call it that?) combined with an amazing site called Youtube, you will not only see how this is done, but hear me walk you through it.
Step-by-step instructions follow the video below.
- Login to WordPress.org.
- Navigate to the plugins repository.
- Find the plugin you need.
- Click the heart below the download button on the right side of the page in the cover photo.
- Go to your site’s dashboard.
- Click to add a plugin.
- Click the “favorites” tab.
- Add your WordPress.org username.
- Click “install” on the plugin.
- Click “activate” on the plugin.
This tip/trick is part of a presentation I’ve given at multiple WordCamps called “The Hidden Features of WordPress.” I will be adding more tutorials and tips and tricks from that presentation to this blog, so check back often for more WordPress love.
I Welcome Your Comments Below!
Email me or use the form in the sidebar to submit your ideas and questions, and they may show up in a future post.
Overextended, overcommitted, entrepreneur, volunteer, and social butterfly. Avid Scrabble player. Tea snob. Mom. School board member. Marketing fanatic. 11th hour expert. WordPress Meetup Coordinator. WordCamp speaker. WordCamp organizer. Frequent WordCamp attendee.
I am the owner and marketing diva at Marketed by Michelle.
Follow me on Twitter @michelleames.
Source: WP Fanatic